It’s hard to believe that we are almost two whole months into this second baby thing! Sometimes it seems like it’s flying by and other times it feels like the day is never going to end. I made a small list of things I feel have really stuck out in my mind and have helped me along in the first few weeks.
1. Essie Nail Polish– I haven’t had much (okay any!) time to get myself to the nail salon since having the baby but I love having my nails polished. Even if I look like a hot mess there is something about having my nails done that makes me feel good about myself. Essie is hands down the best nail polish I’ve used. It goes on great and there are so many colors to choose from! My favorite this summer has been “Play date”. It’s a fun summery purple and isn’t too bright for everyday wear.
2. Seche Vite Top Coat– This stuff is AMAZING. I don’t know how I ever did my nails without it. It dries super fast so that means no smudging them the moment you finish or waking up with those weird and annoying bed sheet marks. It also makes your home manicure last a pretty decent amount of time. I have gotten a week out of it without it chipping. Also- if I have some extra time I will also do Mint Arrow’s shellac hack.
3. California Baby’s Sensitive Wash– Its no surprise my kids have sensitive skin. I have struggled with eczema my whole life so I am super picky about what goes on them. We have used this since Madeleine was a newborn and it’s also what we use for Eloise. I also use the super sensitive lotion for Eloise and the calming one for Madeleine (which smells AMAZING!).
4. Carters Burp Cloths– Out of all of the burp cloths we have I love these the most. Madeleine never spit up but I would use them to stop boob milk from spraying her as we were nursing. Eloise is a different story… in the first few weeks she was a vomit machine and these were a life saver. They are more like mini towels and really absorb the mess. And they are super cheap so you don’t feel terrible if you have to toss them out!
5. 4moms rockaRoo– Life saver! I use this as a safe space for Eloise. Lately Madeleine will try to lift Eloise up (don’t worry she isn’t strong enough to move her!) but it will usually wake her up and send her into that crazy newborn cry that hurts your ears. She knows that when baby is in the rocker we don’t touch! It’s also super light and compact so we can move it around the house when we need to. She will hang out in there while we are cooking or sometimes when I am in the shower. It is probably the one of the best purchases we made this time around.
6. Bravdo Bliss Nursing Bra– Large breasts and nursing bras don’t exactly work. I don’t know why but it was impossible to find any that fit, held me up and didn’t give me cone boobs. I found this after wandering into the store attached to our hospital. It’s super comfy, lightly padded (hide those nips!), and comes with the conversion kit so you can use it when you are done nursing as well. Totally worth the higher price tag in my book.
7. Lansinoh Nursing Pads– I leak A LOT.. It happens when Eloise OR Madeleine will start cry, when I think about a baby, when I hear a baby cry… I swear they have a mind of their own. These pads have never let me down. I buy them in bulk.
8. Lego Duplo– Madeleine LOVES building with her legos and I love that they keep her quiet just long enough for me to nurse the baby in peace. I built her a lego table out of one of those cheap IKEA end tables and I will bring that into the living room so I can watch her. We have a bunch of sets but lately she is really into the ice cream one. It’s cute to watch her walk around with her ice cream cone and try to share it with the baby!
9. Solly Baby Wrap– I am so happy I found about about this wrap. I use it all of the time! If we are going out just the three of us I always tie it on before we leave the house that way we are ready to go when we get to our destination. Madeleine will gets a bit jealous when I am holding the baby and she will demand that I pick her up so having free hands is a must for me. I also love that the fabric is so soft and breathable. We never sweat in it which is one of the main reasons I didn’t wear Madeleine as often. I’m totally thinking about ordering another one in a fall color!
10. Honest Company Diapers– We’ve been using the Honest Company since Madeleine was 2 months old. We tried all of the brands but decided to go with the Honest monthly subscription. They are all natural, plant based and totally cute. Plus I never have to worry about going out and buying diapers because they just show up at my door once a month. Who can complain about that?! They also sell them at Target and Buy Buy Baby if you want to give them a try.
That just about wraps it up! I know I am definatly going to add more to this list in the future so I will keep it updated for sure. This week has been a crazy one with Jeremy out of town. We’ve had friends and family visiting and helping which is great but somehow I still feel like a crazy woman. I guess kids will do that to you!